Paid Internship: Digital Marketing Intern - Organic
Your goal is to help produce high quality content that boosts engagement on all platforms. You will learn the importance of building a community to grow a bootstrap business, and the importance of doing business with a social justice lens. There is a1:1 Employee to Intern Ratio. This can lead to a future position with the brand.
Who will take this position? You are a person enthusiastic to create content and identify as creative and loves to execute ideas, you know how to stick to a deadline. Editing content is a breeze for you, you love re-watching your videos because you're so proud of your content.
- Work directly with CEO to create Content Calendars, Content Outline and Scripts,
- Record, edit, and copywriting video content.
- Keep up with trends and new features on social media.
- PR outreach to influencers, pages, podcasters, etc.
- Write SEO targeted articles on natural remedies for brand Pinterest account, newsletter and blog.
- Track analytics & engagement on Instagram/Google
- Help plan a fundraiser for a nonprofit organization
- Read articles, reports, and watch online courses regarding marketing
- Learn Search Engine Optimization
- Learn to link build for keywords
Preferred Majors: Chicana Studies. Ethnic Studies, Sociology, English, Photography, Film, Marketing, Business, Environmental Studies, Economics.
LGBTQ+, BIPOC, Womyn, people with disabilities, undocumented people are encouraged to apply.
This is a PAID internship. Students will complete 4-8 hrs a week. $15/ hr for 10 weeks
Perks: parking reimbursement, transportation stipend, free snacks, XiCali Products allowance, access to online courses, strong letter of recommendation, 6 hrs of mentorship after completing internship.
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
- Apply knowledge gained in the classroom (or major) to real-world challenges in an internship environment.
- Develop and enact a compelling professional vision that values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- Engage in responsible conduct while working as an intern and allow decisions to be informed by a value-centered life.
- Learn the basics of starting and sustaining a profitable BIPOC owned ecommerce business with a social justice lens.
- Learn how to create marketing campaigns for an online community through organic marketing tactics.
- Learn how to network with: influencers, journalists, brujas, entrepreneurs, artists, entertainers, etc.
- Learn about BIPOC and Women and queer history and resistance.
- Learn about chicana/ latina/ feminist culture and marketing to the largest growing demographic in the USA.
- Students will be able to create an organic marketing campaign.
- Week 1: Internship overview. Intro to Business with a social justice lens, Video Content 101
- Week 2: Social Media Marketing Campaigns 101, 5 pillars of content
- Week 3: Search Engine Optimization 101
- Week 4: Building an online community 101 Women in social justice leadership 101.
- Week 5: Midway Evaluation/ Email marketing Campaign 101
- Week 6: In Real Life Marketing Campaigns 101
- Week 7: Networking 101: Influencers marketing, podcast marketing, connecting with movements and non-profits.
- Week 8: Business Model Canvas 101.
- Week 9: co-facilitate community fundraiser
- Week 10: Exit interview and feedback. Students evaluate the work site and supervisors evaluate the student's performance at the internship.